The Art of Home Brewing
The quality of beer has always been determined by the quality of malt. At Proximity Malt, we are committed to providing our customers with the best quality, local and sustainable malts. We cater to home brewers needs, offering an array of basic, roasted, and specialty grains.
We malt in smaller batches than larger malting companies, which enables us to create higher quality products. Our three locations across the United States are strategically placed to sustainably offer brewers the local ingredients they love.
If you take pride in brewing delicious beer with crisp color and exceptional flavor, Proximity is the place for you!
American Home Brewing History
Home Brewing is an art that traces back to the earliest human civilizations. Developing steadily over the ages. Until the Industrial Revolution. Which provided many gifts and opportunities to home brewers. These advancements and equipment allowed brewers to craft new brews with a variety of malts. Birthing new styles, notably, pale ale and amber ale.
In 1920, the Prohibition brought brewing advancements to a halt. Prohibition era brewers faced challenges acquiring supplies. These brewing warriors faced hardship even after the repeal of the Prohibition in 1933.
It wasn’t until 1978 that the United States 39th President, Jimmy Carter, signed H. R. 1337, which legalized any adult to produce beer for personal or family use.
Since then home brewing has developed into a highly technological industry. Enabling the crafting of the finest artisan beers the world has ever drank.
Take a look at our steep list of recipes that can be brewed using our vast selection of Proximity malts.
- Gordon Biersch Winter Bock | Doppelbock
- Ziegegeist Bock | Bock
- The Good Of The Nation | Dark American Lager
- Dixie Blackened Voodoo Lager | Dark American Lager
- American Lager | American Lager
- Ommegang Abby Clone | Belgian Specialty Ale
- Lagunitas Little Sumpin’ Sumpin’ Clone | American Pale Ale
- Dogfish Head 90 Minutes IPA Clone | India Pale Ale
- Newcastle Brown Ale Clone | Northern English Brown Ale
- Iceberg On The Horizon Pale Ale | American Pale Ale
- Russian River Pliny the Elder | Imperial IPA
- Dead Ringer IPA | American IPA
- Imperial Red Wheat | American Barleywine
- Robust Porter 3 | American Porter
- Colossus of Clout | American Stout
- Rowdy | American Wheat or Rye Beer
- Great Lakes Brewing Co. – Edmund Fitzgerald Porter Clone | Brown Porter
- Chocolate Brown Porter | Brown Porter