The Maltster & Management Apprentice will report to the Regional Manager Mid-Atlantic and learn all aspects of malting and managing at Proximity Malt. This individual must have a safety-first mentality and be a hands-on self-starter. Must be a forward thinker with a continuous improvement attitude.
The Maltster/Management Apprentice is a leader who will learn the business and gain the tools and experience to move on to other leadership roles within the company.
Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to:
- Learn and improve the following:
- Quality programs from raw material receipt through shipping of finished product to customers
- How we manage our ERP system and inventory management
- New employee onboarding and training programs
- Coordination of site technician staffing and scheduling to ensure successful plant operations while maintaining positive employee morale
- Plant operating procedures & ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Site maintenance program
- Technician, supervisor, and department management tasks and responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with workplace safety and environmental programs.
- As a safety leader of the site and company you must ensure all safety programs are in place and being adhered to, documented, and filed according to OSHA and company standards
- Be a leader in our food safety program
- Become a maltster who is never satisfied with status quo, always pushing to improve production efficiency, cost, consistency, and quality of products
- Assist with the execution of technician annual reviews, merit increases, coaching and discipline according to company policies
- Inspect equipment, machinery and processes and troubleshoot and correct equipment and production issues, this will include frequent movement throughout facility, positioning oneself in manners to move under, around, and through tight places, reaching, ascending/descending stairs/ladders, moving up to 55 pounds both vertically and from place to place, working in extremes of temperature, both hot and cold, and entering confined spaces under all safety protocols
- Assist in capital and maintenance project management
- Monitor and improve KPIs.
- Accuracy of shipments
- Operate fork truck or lift as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-Secondary education required
- Must have excellent computer skills with the ability to learn innovative programs and process automation
- Must be available to work and respond on off-shifts, weekends, holidays, callouts, and overtime on a shifting schedule of responsibility
- Able to read, understand directions, and communicate in English. Candidate must have a strong desire to work for a growing company, be flexible, results orientated, and lead by example.